The European Society for Emergency Medicine (EuSEM) is a non-profit making scientific organisation with an aim to promote and foster the concept, the philosophy and the art of Emergency Medicine throughout Europe. The main objective of EuSEM is to help and support European countries to implement the speciality of Emergency Medicine. Born as a society of individuals in 1994 from a multidisciplinary group of experts in Emergency Medicine, since 2005 EuSEM also incorporates national society members. There are currently 33 European national societies of Emergency Medicine.
Our mission is to:
Promote and develop research, education, practice and standards of the speciality of Emergency Medicine throughout Europe.
Our goals are:
- to foster and encourage education, training and research in Emergency Medicine in Europe
- to promote and facilitate the dissemination of information on Emergency Medicine, through congresses, courses, research and publications
- to encourage the development of uniform information systems and data banks in Emergency Medicine in Europe
- to encourage the formation and the cooperation between national associations for Emergency Medicine
- to promote international collaboration in the field of Emergency Medicine